Mmmm, Caprese salads! They’re fresh, light, and delicious – plus, they go well with nearly any dish or can be enjoyed completely on their own. If you’re looking to put together one for lunch or dinner, take a look at this recipe we’ve curated below! You’ll even have the chance to attempt your very own balsamic reduction – the cherry on top of this perfect dish.
• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
• ¼ cup honey
• 3 large tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices
• 1 (16 ounces) package of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch slices
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool.
2. Arrange alternate slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese decoratively on a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, spread fresh basil leaves over the salad, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction.
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at The Link Apartments in Houston, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!