Don't you love jelly? Whether it's smothered on top of toast or baked inside a delicious dessert, nothing seems to top this sweet concoction. But, what could make jelly even better? How about making a jelly inspired by one of your favorite soft drinks?
This recipe for Root Beer Jelly is packed so full of a taste with rich vanilla flavor that makes it unique to any other condiment in your apartment home. Best of all, you can use this same recipe to make any type of soda into its very own jelly. If you’re on-board, check out our recipe below for Root Beer Jelly!
1 cup Root Beer
3 cups of sugar
1/2 cup water
1 (3 ounces) envelope liquid pectin
1. Combine all ingredients except pectin.
2. Heat to boiling stirring to dissolve sugar, then add pectin.
3. Stir constantly to bring to a boil and boil hard for 30 seconds.
4. Ladle into clean hot jars and process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
5. Remove jars from canner and set the jars on the counter on a kitchen towel to cool.
The team at The Link Apartments in Houston, Texas finds it important that our residents lead healthy, well-informed lives. By presenting new ideas in our resident blog, we make it easy to stay up-to-date with the latest information on health, wellness, finances, and more.