The Monte Cristo is undoubtedly a favorite Parisian staple of many from around the world – the U.S. included. Hearty, cheesy, and sweet, this sandwich is a delightful addition to any brunch menu, and we know you won’t regret ordering it or even making it on your own. Though its name might sound daunting, the Monte Cristo is fairly simple to recreate from the familiarity of your fully equipped kitchen. Give this rendition below a shot the next time you decide to pull out all of the stops with a new, mouthwatering recipe.
- 8-ounce Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 slices ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out and separate the refrigerated dough into 8 triangles onto a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one slice of ham on each triangle, then spread two teaspoons of cream cheese on each piece of ham.
- Place one slice of Swiss cheese over the cream cheese.
- Roll up each triangle into a crescent shape, then bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. After baking, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Dip in raspberry jam and enjoy!
The Link Apartments in Houston, Texas